Cooperative education (co-op) and internships provide students with opportunities to combine their classroom studies with real work experiences. Students are employed by industry, business, and government agencies in positions related to their major field of study. Students may gain academic credit for their co-op or internship experience. All SD School of Mines students are encouraged to have relevant work or research experiences prior to graduation.
- Gain valuable work experience.
- Confirm or refocus your career choice.
- Increase your competitive edge for full-time employment with higher starting salary offers.
- Develop communication and teamwork skills.
- Earn money to help pay for your college degree.
- Enhance your development as an emerging professional.
- Obtain academic credit.